Friday, September 4, 2009

Welcome to the jungle of blogging

So I did it - finally...I started a blog.
This is something that was a gonna for a while now, so it is satisfying that I have actually put my arse in gear and set it up.

Speaking of ones' rear end...that is a nice segway into my topic for today.

There is something that I have been noticing for a while now, it crept up on us but now it seems like there is no stopping it....I am talking about TIGHTS WORN AS PANTS.

Since there is no stopping this snowball as it has gathered too much speed on its descent (to a violent and bloody death I predict) I have thought up a few rules that one MUST abide in order to prevent from being a total fashion victim. They are as follows:

1)
Don't try this if you are over a size 10 (12 if you are tall with good proportions) . I don't care what people tell you if you are chunky don't try it - you will look like a whale. Sorry girls but it had to be said.

2)
Shorties (as in those under 5'3" rather than the African American slang for girl) this look can be risky - personally I am 5'2" and this look is a no go for me as it makes my legs look extra short. If you are short and want to go for it - wear it with the loose, long over shirt or cute dress as this will hide where your legs end and butt begins and make you appear like you have lovely long pins!

3)
FOR GOODNESS SAKE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ACTUALLY WEARING TIGHTS! This one is a shocker - I don't know how many girls I have seen wearing opaque stockings instead of tights. Want to know the difference? If they have control tops and a gusset then they are stockings and should under no circumstances be worn as pants. It is tacky and quite frankly makes you look like you are a crazy who forgot to put a skirt/shorts before walking out the door. Say it with me now - TIGHTS TIGHTS TIGHTS!

4)
Think of your tights like pants, and spend accordingly. If you are going to be using tights to protect you from the elements (and pervy men) make sure they are of a good quality, material blend and thickness - spend a bit more money and it will pay off. An excellent pair of jeans will often set you back some $$ - so will an excellent pair of tights.

5)
Patterns and colours - I am a colour girl, I love patterns, prints and bright colours, so I personally don't feel like tights should be limited to black and darker tones. However if you are wearing tights as pants - and they are a bold pattern/colour - make sure you check out your butt in the mirror before walking out the door. What looks good on your calves may not look so hot stretched out over your ass. Also remember that if you are feeling less than hot stick to a single colour in a dark tone preferably - there is a reason why black is a staple in every woman's wardrobe - it makes you look good people.

Aside from that have fun - fashion should be an expression of who you are - in the immortal words of Groove Armada ' if everybody looked the same we would get tired of looking at each other' so work your individuality.

Until next time, remember you don't want to mess with Mighty Mouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment